Engineers’ Training Faculty

The history of the faculty began in 1931 when the evening department of Stalingrad tractor-building institute was formed. That year 118 students were enrolled at the department. Most of them worked at the Tractor Plant and studied without discontinuing work.
As the institute grew and developed, new forms of education and specialties were introduced. In 1960 an extra-mural faculty was formed, which made higher education available for people living far from Volgograd. In the 70-ies up to 1500 students from Lower Volga region, Kalmykia and Krasnodar Territory studied at the faculty.